Lead the packaging industry through advocacy based on science, and enhance understanding of the role packaging plays in a more sustainable society, economy, and environment.
- Advocate for effective policies
- Align key stakeholders across the value chain
- Define the role of packaging in a circular economy
- Enable science-based decision making
- Foster a responsible supply chain
- Leverage lifecycle thinking to ensure sustainable materials management
- Promote the value of packaging
How We Work
AMERIPEN carries out its activities through focused committees and projects. Affiliates and other interested parties may serve on committees and participate in related meetings or project work.
Relying on sound scientific principles, technical information, and a commitment to material neutrality, committees and project teams develop recommendations, guidance documents, business proposals, or other information for consideration by the Board of Directors and the AMERIPEN voting membership. At the direction of the Board, these committees may also develop and implement operational projects.