100 CITIES FINDINGS
Did You Know That…
- Through the implementation of best practices, the recycling system in the United States has the potential to efficiently recover more material than it does today.
- No one program in isolation can maximize recovery of used packaging materials in a community. Research proves that it takes a suite of best practices, tailored for the community, to increase the recovery of used packaging materials and create an economically viable system.
- There is a significant opportunity to expand best practices identified through our research, some practices being utilized by less than 40% of communities.
- Ready to learn more? Read our brochure, Unlocked Potential: A Roadmap for Improved Packaging Recovery, 100 Cities Findings.
- Or, read an in-depth analysis of the program.